Monday, April 20, 2009

For the Asexual (and Friends) About Town...

Our next San Francisco-area meetup is set for May 17th, Sunday, at 3pm. Our exciting locale will be the Dolores Park Cafe, which is in the Mission, close to the 16th Street/Mission BART station (corner of Dolores and 18th Street). It's also across the street from...you guessed it-- the popular Dolores Park. If people bring park stuff, we can frisbee and Nerf-football to our heart's content after we collect everyone. As usual, you can identify us by our mascot of a giant blue-green algae.

Also, I've thought about starting a blog or website just for our San Francisco AVEN chapter. I know, I know...I don't want to do any more blogs right now, and I don't have the expertise (my mad HTML skillz from 7th grade might not count) or time to make my own website...although I can forsee us having one in the future. So, I decided to make us a page on Twitter. I think this could be a good way to network with other nonprofits, who seem to jumping on Twitter, at least in this area. I don't quite understand its mass appeal myself, but I'll be trying to update often with interesting information. Check us out here and follow us if you're on Twitter also.

One more thing...AVEN turns 8 on May 29th. And for an organization that started on the internet, 8 years is nothing to sneeze at. Some cool AVENites are putting a podcast together in which people are going to be submitting short audio clips about what AVEN means to them. Of course, I looooove creating media, so I'll definitely be participating in this project. Find out how you can do the same here; the deadline for submissions is May 20th.

1 comment:

maymay said...

That podcast/media project sounds interesting! Did you end up participating? How did it go?

Also, Emma and I have recently chatted a bunch about asexuality on Kink On Tap, the sexuality netcast that we host. Trouble is, neither of us nor any of our panelists so far have any first-hand experience or understanding of what asexuality means.

Would you be interested in coming onto the show as a panelist one Sunday evening? If you're interested, we'd love to chat with you within the next few weeks. Please let us know by sending us a brief email.

Thanks and best wishes!