- Currently, we have a Bay A Team Yahoo group, and we also discuss meetups on AVEN. Posting about meetups, and tracking responses, on both sites seems like too much work and confusion. It would probably be a good idea to consolidate all meetup planning onto AVEN.
- Make a new thread for every meetup. If London does it...
- Write exciting accounts of what happened at the meetup for the benefit of those not present. "Wait a second...you've never heard about someone turning into a pumpkin before?"
- Post a picture of myself (apparently, a "recognizable face" is essential).
- It was suggested that we don't have enough people to have regular meetups, and I can't decide if I agree with this or not. A lot of cities just seem to have meetups whenever people feel like it. And maybe that's better, I don't know. But since planning meetups gives me a sense of purpose, it's a responsibility that I'm reluctant to relinquish.
- And an idea I just had in the last ten seconds: Maybe we should take pictures at all meetups, even if it's just two people. Perhaps seeing friendly human faces would make showing up less intimidating.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
And Then I Turned Into a Pumpkin
So, our visitor from London told The Impossible K and I many tales of the meetups there, and gave me a lot of advice on how to maximize our meetups here. I think I'm going to do most of these things. These were they: