Saturday, June 28, 2008

Alt Sex Wins Again

Have I mentioned that I totally adore Andrea Nemerson? Her Alt Sex column is the only reason I pick up the SF Guardian instead of the (nearly identical) SF Weekly. She's very supportive of asexuality, and has done 2 columns specifically on the topic. This week, she writes to a man whose wife seems to be suffering from the symptoms of depression:

"And listen: just leave the no-sex part out of it for starters. 'I'm not getting laid and that means you're broken' is not a recommended opening move."

Tell me about it! And to all my family and friends who feel similarly: I adore you as well, and if you have the chance, spread the gospel! I'm trying to do so tomorrow at the SF Pride parade. I made this shirt, inspired by that rousing picture of the TV A-Team:


(Note to future designers: Drawing on a ribbed, highly stretchy fabric with a fabric marker is none too easy. Every curved letter is actually composed of lots of little dots. So if you get stuck in the same situation, dot away...)

3 comments:

Lia said...

you, my friend, are pretty adorable :-)

Anonymous said...

oops, that was me, not mom :-P

Ily said...

No, YOU...
:-)