Tuesday, May 5, 2009

You Don't Have to be Pretty

May is, sadly, turning out to be an unusually hectic month for me. I'll still post on my schedule, but the posts will probably be shorter until June. Anyway, I'd wanted to share this blog post, called "You Don't Have to be Pretty" for a long time now. Since we were talking about beauty recently, now seems as good a time as any. Sometimes I do feel like I'm not doing my proper duty as a young woman by not trying to be sexy. But, I think that's just one more gift of the asexual community. No one, regardless of orientation, has to be sexy, unless they want to be. Hey hey! So, how do your favorite outfits make you feel?

The "You Don't Have to be Pretty" post also reminds me of an awesome poem called "God Says Yes to Me", which, according to my mom, every girl should read. Guys, you'll like it, too.

1 comment:

Fellmama said...

I love that poem . . . I found it in high school, I think.