Thursday, May 20, 2010

Meetups, Let Me Show You Them!

It's been way too long since I've done a meetup-related thread. They're bimonthly now, rotating around the Bay Area for the time being, and we've actually planned them out for the rest of 2010, which is awesome. The next one is coming up this Saturday, 2pm, at Crossroads Cafe in San Francisco. It's a cool location and it looks like we'll have a good turnout.

After that is...the Pride Parade! Again! Apparently I've really been slacking off when it comes to hyping it up, so I'm going to have to increase my efforts a little. It's on Sunday, June 27, and we'll be congregating in the morning somewhere near the Embarcadero BART station. Like last year, I'll be contacting people closer to the 27th with exact locations and times (since I don't know them yet, either). Last year, we all wore purple and that looked good. We also carried signs and had flyers and a banner. If anyone has an idea for some other visual or educational element we could incorporate, do tell. I'm usually a good brainstormer but I'm drawing a blank on this one. If you want to participate (and haven't told me as much yet), comment here or send me an e-mail at sanfranciscoemily [at] gmail [dot] com. Or you can PM me on AVEN (username= ily). I don't know if this is obvious or not, but non-asexual allies are welcome-- we had a good number of them last time.

So far I only have 9 or so people confirmed, and I really want to recruit at least three times that many people...

No comments: