Saturday, February 16, 2008

Elephants, Wild in the Streets!

I was sitting on MUNI today, and since it was too crowded to even open a book, I started thinking about what to write about next in this blog. Besides Gender Trouble, I'm reading What Color is Your Parachute? and there's nothing even remotely (a)sexual in there. I started musing, "Well, I don't care how many people identify as asexual...as long as everyone knows it's an option." Whenever I meet people who knew about asexuality as young as their teenage years, I'm always surprised and impressed. I didn't know about it until I was 20. To that, I almost thought, "better late than never", although 20 isn't late at all. Some folks don't hear about asexuality until they're 30, 40, 50, older than that, or never. And it isn't these peoples' fault; they simply weren't aware of the information. And isn't that unacceptable? It's like voting for a candidate not because you think they're best, but because you didn't know there were others. There's just something undemocratic about it.
Anyway, I'm still thinking about some way to do SF Pride...not like the pamphlets are done yet, but anyway...it would only cost $55 to march in the actual parade. And I think I could get a bunch of people to participate, if only for the novelty factor. I'd have to go to "parade contingent" training (and get a second person to do it too). We also couldn't use elephants without alerting the city. Well, we have until April to decide...

No comments: