Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Year 4 of the Journey

Friday is my fourth aveniversary-- so it's about time for my asexual state of the union, I guess. I feel like such an event should involve a roaring fire, brandy, a leather chair, and perhaps a rumpled suit, however, I have none of these things. For me, aveniversaries represent more than joining AVEN, they represent being honest with myself. I'll admit, it's extremely hard, and there are probably a hundred things that I'm hopelessly in denial about. However, in at least one case-- the case of asexuality-- the curtain was lifted and I saw things clearly, despite all the interference and the odds. If I can celebrate magical oil next month, then I can definitely celebrate that. At year 4, I don't want to be something I'm not, but to be happy on my own terms, and that is progress.

And because I seem to DJ my life, here is a great state of the union song which Obama should probably use at some point, but won't. I don't understand the video at all, but I love the song. And, here is a great song about being honest with yourself (at least, that's how I interpret it). In this case, I don't understand the title of the song, but I love the song. Luckily, I think these songs make me happier than a leather chair ever could.

7 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

IM HAPPY TO BE HERE AND SHARE UR LONGEVITY WITH YOU!

THANKS FOR HAVING ME SWEETY!

heidi said...

Happy anniversary! This is almost the anniversary of my confusion for 4 years ago - I'd pegged the asexualness maybe two years earlier. Great songs, love the first one!

Noskcaj Llahsram said...

you know, hastily done photoshoping can give you all the accouterments you feel your lacking

KC the MoUsY spell-checker said...

Happy aveniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Aveniversary, Ily!
Here's hoping there are many more to come.

~Carsonspire

Noskcaj Llahsram said...

oh and Happy anniversary.

Ily said...

Thanks y'all!