Friday, October 17, 2008

To the 5 Boroughs

I haven't been anywhere in forever, and suddenly, in this month only, I get to go to a few places. Like next week, I'm going to New York City. I was born there, but I haven't been there in years. I thought it would be cool to meet up with some A-teamers-- I know the group there isn't as organized as they once were, but it still seemed that there were a lot of people. (And if there's someone in NYC who wants to organize meetups, maybe I could help with that?) I posted on AVEN, and haven't gotten any for-sure responses (which surprised me somehow), so I'm expanding my search radius. Uhh...want to meet up?

Also, I have no idea what the cool things to do in New York are. A guy I used to work with said that NYC had more creative energy than anywhere he'd ever been, and when I heard this, it made me want to go back and see for myself. Any tips on things to see and do?

3 comments:

Superquail said...

I have heard that the food in New York is AWESOME. Going to restaurants and sampling the wide array of international cuisine would be high on my to-do list for New York. There is also the Metropolitan Museum of Art, if you like art, and also the Museum of Modern Art, if you like modern art. There is a place where you can go to buy half-price tickets for Broadway shows, if you like to watch shows. There is also Central Park which is awesome.

Fellmama said...

The Dead Sea Scrolls were there (at the Met, I think) a few weeks ago! You know what I'd do . . .

Anonymous said...

Hey, it Angela Tucker. Our company is based in New York. If you want to have lunch while you're here, let me know. My treat! Our offices are on 14th Street.